Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 16-30 Progressive Scrap at DDR was so much fun.

Decided to wait and show all the steps together for this challenge.  We were free to use whatever kit we wished but at least 50% of DDR products.  Once something was added to the layout, it could not be moved.  Shadowing could be added at anytime during the challenge.

I chose to use Heart of Zen kit by Feli.  I was enthralled with the lovely oriental feel to the kit.  Everything is from the Heart of Zen unless otherwise noted.




 STEP 1 - You will have 3 days to complete this step, due midnight Tuesday, April 17th

3 papers, (two of the papers must be in shapes)
Butterfly

I used Layed template by KakleiDesigns to cut the side papers.

Step 1

STEP 2 - You will have 3 days to complete this step, due midnight Friday, April 20th
You must use each of the following elements at least once. You may repeat the element but it must be the same one that you repeat.
For instance if you use a pink flower you may repeat that flower, not a different one.

Splatter or Glitter
1 Frame
Star
3 Different Flowers
I made my own star

Step 2


STEP 3 - You will have 3 days to complete this step, due midnight Monday, April 23rd
You must use each of the following elements at least once. 

2 Different Branches or Leaves
Ribbon
Stitching
1 Photo
I created my own stitching

Step 3

STEP 4 - You will have 4 days to complete this step, due midnight Friday, April 27th
You must use each of the following elements at least once. 
Add another Flower
Add another piece of paper in a shape
Add another branch or type of leaf
Time Piece
Wire Mesh
The wire mesh was from Natural Breeze Kit - DDR collab

Step 4

Step 5 – You will have 3 days to complete this step, due midnight Tuesday, May 1st

Title and wordart or journaling

Font for title:  Kosher Extended

Step 5

I was very happy with my layout for the challenge but decided that I wanted to add a couple more items to it for my own personal layout.  I added white flowers in the lower left and a statue in the lower right.

My Zen Garden

I hope you enjoyed this progressive scrap journey with me.  It led me in paths that I might not have taken.  So much fun.  Come join in the fun and challenge of doing a progressive scrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment